Nevers with its historical buildings:
- Cathedrale St-Cyr-et-Ste-Juliette, Palais Ducal, Eglise St-Etienne, Beffroi etc.
- Autun a very old gallo-roman town where special tours are organized during the summer time.
- Chateau-Chinon, capital city of the Morvan.
- Beaune, the wine city with its Musee du Vin, Hospices de Beaune, its churches and remparts under which you will find miles of wine cellars.
- Dijon, capital city of Burgundy which is mainly a university city.
- Vezelay a very beautiful village with its cathedral, on the path of the road to Compostelle.
Other activities in the Morvan are the numerous markets with their local specialties. The “marché du cadran” and the « Maison du Charolais in Moulin Engilbert are worth stopping by and you can also visit the Magny Court formula 1 racing track . A few medieval and “clunisien“ castles and sites must also be visited.
A few special attractions for children are also found in the region:
- In the natural parc of the Morvan: tree climbing, bow and arrows, canoe, kayak and quads activities are available. You can go fishing at The lac des Settons and the Lac de Panecière.
- Bibracte is an old Gallic city in the Morvan with a special children’s program in Mont Beuvray
- In Nevers where Le Pal is an attraction park with a zoo
- In La Machine you will find a mining museum
Maps and leaflets are available